Did you ever thought to visit Israel? I hope you did but in case you didn’t, let me convince you why it should be your next travel destination.
Israel may be a small country but the diversity is incredible. As a result, you can reach the country from a point to another in a few hours which allows you to completely change the landscape.
So now, tell me which kind of person you are in order to prove you that Israel is for you.
Are you a water fan?
In Israel you can choose between the Mediterranean see to the West, Sea of Galilee to North-East, Dead Sea at Centre-East or the Red Sea in the South. I would totally recommend to try them all without further excuses! Are all unique in their own way.
- Mediterranean Sea: try surfing in Tel Aviv!
- Sea of Galilee: go to the beach or simply take a cruise!
- Dead Sea: enjoy a full day floating and revive your skin!
- Red sea: snorkeling or scuba diving are a must, the water is rich in corals and fish species, taking you through a rainbow spectrum of colors!
Are you into trekking?
In Israel you can even walk the entire country from North to South if you want, so trekking is really at its home. Here are only a few examples.
- Israel National Trail, the longest footpath which links the North with the South of the country, 940 km,
- Jesus Trail, links Nazareth with the Sea of Galilee, 65km,
- Sea of Galilee, cycle across, 60km.
Are you a religious person?
Israel is a holy land for Christianity, Judaism, Muslims and Baha’is.
- Christians sites includes Bethlehem (Jesus birth place), Nazareth and surrounding (the ministry of Jesus), Jerusalem (the crucifixion place of Jesus and the holiest place on Earth for Christian people).
- Ancient Jewish sites includes Jerusalem’s Western Wall, Byzantine-era synagogues.
- Muslims sites includes Al Haram Ash Sharif, also called Temple Mount by Jews (it’s the 3rd place as importance after Mecca and Medina, both places located in Saudi Arabia).
Are you a city person?
Therefor, you have plenty of cities to explore in Israel, from big to small, from new to old. This are the most popular destinations especially for short breaks.
- Tel Aviv is a very dynamic city, founded in 1909 and now Under Unesco World Heritage protection for its Bauhaus architecture dating back to 1930s. This is the perfect city to party, enjoy the beach, do shopping and explore the culinary art.
- Jerusalem is probably the most known city in the world because of its reach history. Every rock you step in has thousands of years of stories to tell. Here is where miracles do happen, where Jews, Christians and Muslim live in peace, despite the different religions.
- Eilat is Israel’s Red Sea resort-city. A small charming city located between Egypt and Jordan, with stunning views over Saudi Arabia and the Red Sea, this is a place like no other! The hotels architecture gives you the glam of Dubai, while remaining a very accessible holiday destination.
I hope I did convinced you to go to Israel and if I’m right, read more about it here.